Tuesday 22 January 2013

NAIJACONTROL MEETS : CEO INSTINCT CLOTHING



Fashion has been kept alive by some very specially talented set of minds, making sure our outward appearances stay on point…we got an opportunity to interview one of this minds Ogunmor Kelvin CEO INSTINCT clothing and he generously shared a whole lot of personal information that we sharing with you below in the brief interview.




hello..
-Hi
can you introduce yourself?
-My name is Kelvin Ogumor aka mrINSTINCT am from delta state (Warri).


are you a student?
-NO
Oh, I can see, r u through with school?
I graduated from Covenant University last year 2012/2013 set, now serving (NYSC)

How is the clothing business faring?
-the clothing business is awesome, am happy about it because its fun, but stressful, but when u have passion for it you forget the stress nd enjoy what you do.

About that, how long av u bin in the business?
-ok, I jst entered my 4th yr . I started 2009 when I ws in 100L.

And how has the growth been?
-the growth has bin awesome especially since I graduated, sch ws holding me back bcos I hav a lot of tins to do den so no time to actually leave sch for production as much as I wanted to.

If i may ask, why instinct?
-INSTINCT hmmmmm. I saw d word somewhere nd I liked it nd it was during spiritual week of Emphasis. I remember asking my friends wat dey tut abt d name and d logo cos I got d concept of d logo immediately. Nd I do relate d word INSTINCT  to my design, wen I want to do a design I always start with wat my instincts tells me i.e. d first tin dat pops into my mind its wat my design is based on.

Was this an impromptu formation or u had planned it?
  -impromptu

How much did you need to start?
-ok I did nt have a specific amount wen I started, d money jst grew from d hustle nd its still growing

How much is the company worth now?     
-LOL. We still working so we should leave dat 4 now.

What do you produce?
-casual outfit ( tshirt, polo, varsity jacket, hoodie, snap back,sweatshirts, cardigan, lumberjack shirts etc).

What clothing line do you aspire to be like?
-locally- NACK,
International- trukfit, ralph lauren, ama kip kip

Have you ever participated in a major gig?
-no, no time. But definitely dis year we on it.

Where do you see your company by the end of the year?
-by d end of d year, quality must hv taken a new turn, customer base doubled, new type of packaging, increase in sales, more marketers in nd out of 9ja.

And what should be your net worth
-you will knw by d end of d year ;)

What do you advice young designers looking up to you?
- d clothing business has its bad side, but its a very lovely job, so never give up cos tins will nt always work d way u want it, nd try nt to lose ur customers bcos of money, ur customers are very important so always satisfy dem. Nd have passion 4 wat u doin.

What do u think about the NAIJA CONTROL interview?
-It ws great, thumbs up :D

Thanks for your time sir.

VIEW MORE PHOTOS BELOW::::::::













LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...