Sunday 7 April 2013

@NAIJACONTROL - MEETS - @itsSLAY (rapper)

 



@NAIJACONTROL Introduce yourself
Slay: Rapper/Singer i go by d name Slay...Real names: Henry Chikwendu
Slay: Hail from abia state,nigeria
Slay: A graduate of Statistics from Federal university of technology,akure


@NAIJACONTROL Nice
Slay: Yup

@NAIJACONTROL How dId you come up with the name slay?
Slay: well back in uni a friend called me Henry Slay and he said he chose dat name 4 me cos i literally kill everything I do, I guess that was his way of saying I do tins well, so i kinda adopted it from then
@NAIJACONTROL - Deep
@NAIJACONTROL Well how long have you been doing music?

Slay: Recorded my first song back in 2007 so that should be 6 years now

@NAIJACONTROL How much progress has been made since back then?

Slay: A whole has changed, grown from a rapper to an entertainer and i can confidently say that i have a growing fan base, bagged a few nominations so in all its been good

@NAIJACONTROL Slaying them already lol

Slay: Hehe u know

@NAIJACONTROL So are you under any label yet?

Slay: For now no, taking my time before I sign any deal
Slay: Although a few offers are lurking
 
@NAIJACONTROL Wise idea
@NAIJACONTROL So what has been your best work so far

Slay: lol, my best is yet 2 come, got lotta new stuff way better than my previous releases but so far if I have to chose from my recent releases I'll go for the fan's favorite #BAD which recorded over 80,000 downloads in the first week of its release

@NAIJACONTROL 80, 000 is a huge number! That's a standard
@NAIJACONTROL What do you think makes bad unique

Slay: Yeah I guess
Slay: Starts from d production, it had arguably one of d best producers on it {Cold Flames} u can actually confuse the instrumental of the song with a Timberland beat. Plus the concept behind the song was nothing like I had done before so that defines it basically

@NAIJACONTROL Cool
@NAIJACONTROL Have you performed in any major gig

Slay: Yeah a few, i performed @ Dj Jimmy Jatt's Jumpoff live 2012 and Gidi Youth Awards 2012 Gala Night

@NAIJACONTROL Ok
@NAIJACONTROL Have you worked with any major act, and who will you love to collaborate with

Slay: I've worked with Jimmy Jatt,Kid Konnect, Trybe records artiste Rukus,Seriki,Tupengo,Fecko,Pope dahitman and presently working with Flowssick and Zee
Slay: Well really not particular about who I wanna work with but if I must I'd probably put waje,MI n wizkid on a joint

@NAIJACONTROL That's a long list u got there
@NAIJACONTROL Nice work
@NAIJACONTROL Mr slay if I may ask how are you cooing with all the female fans

Slay: Hehe
Slay: The female fans have been amazing I must say, showing lotta love and support for my music and i also try 2 show dem love when I can

@NAIJACONTROL So is there  any special 1 in ur lyf now,

Slay: Yeah sure there is a special she

@NAIJACONTROL Can you tell US a little about her

Slay: Hehe she's a great lover of music, especially rap music so she supports me alot
Slay: Dats all I can disclose 4 now

@NAIJACONTROL Can we know her name

Slay: lol nahhhh
Slay: Wanna keep dat on d low 4 now

@NAIJACONTROL Lol guessed as much
@NAIJACONTROL Where Do you see yourself at the end of the year

Slay: Definitely bigger than I am presently, lotta projects lined up for the fans so it should be interesting

@NAIJACONTROL Cool
@NAIJACONTROL What advice do you give to upcoming acts?

Slay: Wor hard, Believe in yourself, stay resilient, trust God and stay focused

@NAIJACONTROL Is there any new work you need US to anticipate

Slay: Presently working on my EP...titled #GoodKidDiaries its a 10 track project. Will be releasing a few singles soon to promote the project. Plus the video shoot for #BAD comes up shortly

@NAIJACONTROL We expecting the best from you sir

Slay: No doubt i do dis for the fans

@NAIJACONTROL We have your back everyday
@NAIJACONTROL Thanks for the time

Slay: 10x for having me sir I'm humbled

DOWNLOAD BAD HERE


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...