Sunday 11 March 2012

NAIJA CONTROL MEETS: OMEIZA


 
@NAIJACONTROL: Sup? So can you please introduce yourself *full name*
Omeiza®*NG*: My name is 'david omeiza aliyu'
@NAIJACONTROL: From what tribe?
Omeiza®*NG*: Basically my dad is from kogi but my mum is from bonny and I ws born nd raised in portharcourt all my life so I don't really hv any kogi trace in me
@NAIJACONTROL: Lol, Cool
Omeiza®*NG*: Haha!
@NAIJACONTROL: So when did you start singing?
Omeiza®*NG*: Very complicated, Erm..I've always been around music (not to sound typical lol' I ws in the choir when I ws like 5 or so Hd drum lessons in church which I never finished nd stuff So I started singing from a young age..my mum also says I used to beatbox when I ws small
@NAIJACONTROL: Lol, So when was ur first recording in d studio?
Omeiza®*NG*: Erm my first studio recording ws in ss2...2007 ish We hd this gospel hiphop group in skl called Godtribe nd I ws the leader, We did an album then
@NAIJACONTROL: So I guess uve been in d game a long time. Dats a good music background
Omeiza®*NG*: Lool abeg o..I'm just started professionally recently..but I've always known tht I ws supposed to do music
@NAIJACONTROL: Lol cool, So are you in school?
Omeiza®*NG*: Yh I am, Be prepared to laugh...I'm a 2nd year student at london metropolitan university studying music technology : sound for media
@NAIJACONTROL: Wow!! Y shld I laugh? That's actually great, Not many nigerians partake in things like this
Omeiza®*NG*: Lool 'na my mama cause am' I ws supposed to study business but my mum said I shud study fine art which I hv a talent in..but after the foundation in fine art I felt I hd more passion for music so I changed to music
@NAIJACONTROL: So u av d support of ur parents? That's cool So does she support the music aspect too?
Omeiza®*NG*: Yh I do..they believe in talent, Yh she does they like music a lot nd thts one of the things that influenced me when I ws young
@NAIJACONTROL: That's nice, So are you in any record label?
Omeiza®*NG*: Na not yet, Hv some people we collaborate with but we r not signed
@NAIJACONTROL: Okies, So who have you worked with so far
Omeiza®*NG*: Rico slim who ws signed to samkelfs noni records, Viva an upcoming ph rapper
We r working with babeeboi, And some undeground stuff with chidynma who sang obimmo Everything is taking shape gradually
@NAIJACONTROL: Wow that's a long list
Omeiza®*NG*: Some ph acts too
@NAIJACONTROL: I tink everything has taken shape
Omeiza®*NG*: Lool me I was even scared that it was short
@NAIJACONTROL: Man this is far from short
Omeiza®*NG*: It will take shape when I will be naming no 1 hit records tht we produced nd worked on Not just we worked with this nd that person Lool
@NAIJACONTROL: Cool, So what's your best track so far?
Omeiza®*NG*:n Erm we hv a lot of 'sick' tracks that are not out so out of the ones out I'll say 'let you know" and 'if na say'...'Farida' is blowing up too
@NAIJACONTROL: Wow!! Farida, Av got to say that track is trending, How far are u guys pushing the track?
Omeiza®*NG*: Lool I hv instincts..like I knew oleku long before it blew nd I know that 'farida' will blow, Pushing the track and the ep as far as possible as we hv realised its potential
@NAIJACONTROL: Should we be xpecting a video?
Omeiza®*NG*: that idea hs come up but we deciding which song to shoot a video for
@NAIJACONTROL: Well av got las gidi boys grooving to ur FARIDA, So if a video pops be sure to let us know
Omeiza®*NG*: Loool na God o, Its funny hw stuff always doesn't turn out hw u expect
Omeiza®*NG*: Yes surely
@NAIJACONTROL: So how was it expected? To turn out that is
Omeiza®*NG*: Funnily enough we were afraid that people won't really like it..the chorus l.a.x used wasn't the original chorus he sent us nd he changed it last minute, We didn't like the chorus cz we felt it didn't fit
Omeiza®*NG*: But before u know It ws released nd evrywhere people r singing farida
@NAIJACONTROL: Lol, I guess LAX saw d future
Omeiza®*NG*: Thts the same story with oleku..evryone is choc city rejected it..but ice ws determined nd that record blew choc city nd nigerian music in uk, L.a.x is talented his voice is unique nd commercial nd catchy
@NAIJACONTROL: Sure it was observed, So who do you intend working with. Nxt?
Omeiza®*NG*: Erm we r looking at 2kriss...hopefully sarkodie nd a whole bunch of major people tht connect with our music..foreinstance jesse jagz,wizkid or davido cud just decide to do a remix to farida or if na say, But nothing is certain yet, I know its sounds like a long shot but we hv faith Anything is possible
@NAIJACONTROL: Wow uve got taste
Omeiza®*NG*: Lol I call it vision, Part of the talent
@NAIJACONTROL: Lolz with d way farida is going I tink u gon have ur fans easy
Omeiza®*NG*: Yh
@NAIJACONTROL: So who are your mentors in the game?
Omeiza®*NG*: Nd that's another critical aspect in the industry..fans that's the main thing u need
Omeiza®*NG*: Yh.. A lot of stuff inspires me but in short...Ryan leslie,timbaland, kanye west,masterkraft, hmoney,lil wayne, don jazzy, cobhams, jesse jagz
@NAIJACONTROL: That's cool, So how bout them ladies;)
Omeiza®*NG*: Yh but e no easy, Some times u hv to be joyless
Omeiza®*NG*: Ladies are there....as u aim higher in the music industry u hv to become more careful about the kind girls u hng around nd basically the kind of p's u set, Hv to hv wisdom, I'm shingle like I said nd also seearshing too
@NAIJACONTROL: Lolz
Omeiza®*NG*: But everything will make sense at the right time
@NAIJACONTROL: Or ure aiming for miss world
Omeiza®*NG*: Lool my type of girl is just a real down to earth fine adorable girl of substance
@NAIJACONTROL: Haaa ama give you my mother
Omeiza®*NG*: I think I might prefer hving a serious relationship with someone outside the 'music' industry, Lmao! Age bracket also included in the description Basically I like a girl who is wife material...no ashoke according to chillz…For serious business
@NAIJACONTROL: Lmao that's cool, Well I hope you find soon
Omeiza®*NG*: But for generic business..any girl who is hot according to my fine artist eyes Yes o
@NAIJACONTROL: So where do you see yourself dis time next year
Omeiza®*NG*: I don't limit myself when it comes to stuff...I believe my talent is goin to take me places I didn't even imagine...I might be working on alicia keys new album by next year
@NAIJACONTROL: Haaaa. AMEN!!!
Omeiza®*NG*: I'm just working on my craft, my personality, business, looks to become a force to reckon with in the industry Amen ooo, The speed at which we got the basketmouth show cn tell Baba God noni
@NAIJACONTROL: Watched d video, u guys did great, So what do you advice young artist with dreams
Omeiza®*NG*: Erm just make sure that ur dpin music for the right reasons Not for fame or girls, Let it be ur passion And work on ur craft develop urself, stay focused and never give up
@NAIJACONTROL: Dats cool, Nd for your fans what should they expect next?
Omeiza®*NG*: Swear down, They shud expect quality hit danceable positive funny music media nd more…..I love nigeria! Nigerian music is the next big thing also Nd I'm a part of it
@NAIJACONTROL: Thanks a lot for your time
Omeiza®*NG*: God bless you too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...