Friday 2 March 2012

MEET: IBK SPACESHIPBOI



Hey!
What's your real name?

IBK: I am IBK which is short for Ibukun. It means "blessing"
How did you get the name spaceship boy?

IBK: the name Spaceshipboi was born in the "beat factory" which was a subsection of the Cobhams Asuquo music production company; spontaneously said by my friend and colleague Bez during one of IBK's sessions with a client, He immediately adopted the name and made it official. Spaceshipboi is now a fictional super hero figure sent to earth to give it's people the message of hope and direct the minds of it's inhabitants to accepting the original way they have been designed to live; a purposeful life that can only be discovered in their creator.  


Since when av u been doing music?

IBK: been making music for a long while, developing myself in the art through the years. what you see and celebrate today is years of preparation that has been given a platform to express itself.

How did ur parents take ur interest in music?

IBK: My Parents have always supported me. The thing at times is as young youths with so much passion that beckons for expression, we often see the wisdom of those that have gone through the phase we are in; in this case, our parents, as "tie downs" or hindrances. I had some of those moments.

What school do/did you attend?

IBK: had my tertiary education at Covenant University 


What edge do you have over other artist?

IBK: a right angle triangle type edge *smiles*. All artist have what makes them unique and stand out but i'll say since i produce, sing, rap, write and also teach voice, sounds like a quad-ripple threat plus one don't you think? *smiles*
What do you think made you win d enigma competition?

IBK: I won because that's how the author wrote the story. I had to be different and simply be true to myself at the same time. People heard it, loved it and voted. God be praised.

Who are your mentors in d industry?

IBK:  I have been privileged to be in the company of great men and have observed and learnt from being in their company, but I am my teacher and my guide at the end of the day. 
Who av you sang with?

IBK: I have made records with a couple of people in the Nigerian music industry and abroad. names like Ego, Modele, Bez, Tasti, Lindsey, Muna and a host of others.

Who would you love to make music with?

IBK: wow! a whole bunch of people; numerous to mention. In there would be a Kirk Franklin, Dwele, Mali Music, Fred Hammond, Pharell Williams, Beyonce, Asa, Lauryn Hill, and the list goes on and on and on.

what's your personal favorite of all the songs you have worked on so far?

IBK: though one! I like them all! *laughs*; they all have their magic spots that make it difficult to say I have so and so as my "fav" song I have done. But if I were to chose, I would say the song "Tongues" no sorry "I have a dream" no sorry "Elele" no sorry "Hypothetical" no sorry *laughs*

And your most memorable performance?

IBK: I sure do have lots of them but the most memorable would be performing along side Bez at the African Shrine

Are u in any relationship

IBK: it's private


If yes how is she supporting?

IBK: it's private

Do u still refer to urself as an upcoming or a major act?

IBK:  I refer to myself as a man on a mission and until that is accomplished, growth would not seize. There is a place called "there", that place signifies the end of a journey. I am on my way "there". But in a more simple form, being upcoming or major is determined by your records and achievements based on ones impact in society via their craft.


Are u under any record label?

IBK: at the moment I am not

Where do u see urself @ the end of this year?

IBK: I see myself where God sees me to be, at the top of what ever level I am at. this is the year when #I Come In Peace *decode*

What advice do you give to every upcoming artist?

IBK: simply be. Be yourself and do what you know how to the best way you possibly can. Have a cause and a theme. Do not wait for favours, get up and make them happen.

What do you wish to say to ur fans that would view this?

IBK: we are all here for a purpose, a particular reason and the only way you can discover it is through God. stay focused, be dogged and diligent. develop the culture to work and push yourself to a limit that is always above average.
keep supporting your very own IBKspaceshipboi.

What should we expect from spaceship boy next?

IBK: different spontaneous stuff as regards remakes of songs and all but this is the year the I COME IN PEACE album drops. It's the debut and it is sure to be one in it's kind.

What do you think of this naijacontrol interview?

IBK: cool. stay blessed 
Tanx for your time.
God bless ur hustle...


follow on twitter @spaceshipboi
WORKS OUT:

over the three year period of his entry into the industry, IBKspaceshipboi has put out some impressive original songs and some remakes.

Original songs:




2010 Life and times (smooth)   http://www.4shared.com/mp3/59ImWG37/smooth_2.html


Remakes:

2011 Something bigger MaryMary ft IBK (unofficial)   http://www.4shared.com/mp3/bzUqOZ8Y/marymary_feat_ibk_spaceshipboy.html



2010 One rhyme and a whole bunch er shout outs  http://www.4shared.com/mp3/GBQsDkJx/i_gotcha_ibk2.html


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...