Sunday 11 March 2012

NAIJA CONTROL MEETS: CHILLZ


 
@NAIJACONTROL: Sup
Onome OJOBOH?: Sup
@NAIJACONTROL: So whats your full name
Onome OJOBOH?: Onome ojoboh but they call me chillz
@NAIJACONTROL: When did you start music?
 Onome OJOBOH?: Haaaaa, its bin a while, I started music as a child if you get what I mean.
@NAIJACONTROL: So do your parents support your choice of career?
Onome OJOBOH?: Sure they do, av gat full support
@NAIJACONTROL: Great
Onome OJOBOH?: She called to say,... "As long as it doesn't affect your studies or ur family"
@NAIJACONTROL: And ur dad?
Onome OJOBOH?: So yh,... Its great, He said the same thing
@NAIJACONTROL: Wow! Happy 4 u
Onome OJOBOH?: Thank you mami
@NAIJACONTROL: So what was ur inspiration for farida?
Onome OJOBOH?: uhmm,... As for the song farida, I was trynna create the same feeling I felt when I fell for the 1st girl ever…Hahaha, Coz I know a lotta people can relate to that
@NAIJACONTROL: Yea, I get wat u mean
Onome OJOBOH?: Yh,.. In the end its all music and creativity
@NAIJACONTROL: So farida was ur first luv and u decided 2 sing 4 her..How romantic:D
Onome OJOBOH?: Uhmm,... I could have used any name in the world
@NAIJACONTROL: Lmao!!Yea
Onome OJOBOH?: But I wanted a different name,... So I used the hausa-sounding name "farida"
@NAIJACONTROL: Anyways how did u get 2 perform on d basket mouth show?
Onome OJOBOH?: Uhmm,... This is a funny story
@NAIJACONTROL: Ok..Am listening
Onome OJOBOH?: I was on my way to Manchester to meet up with Omeiza my business partner and brother from another mother….And then I got on a train from London,.. As I was tryna find a seat I passed this guy who had "dread-locks" on And I decided to turn back and look….lo and behold,,,It was Basketmouth. Then I sent a msg to omeiza "Oboi,.. I jus see backet for train o" And he was like Dude,... What are you waiting for? I sent the same message to my great friend and affiliate "Mr Chiedu Ogbuoji" and he told me the same thing
@NAIJACONTROL: Wow! Guess it was your lucky day
Onome OJOBOH?: So I got up from where I was seated and approached with confidence but caution Had a word with him.. And he gave me his email….Sent him a couple of tracks….And @ about 12pm the next day he sent me his contact details and then,... Yh,... We hit it off from there I must add that Basketmouth is a very humble person and I wanna say a big thank you to him as well Thank you uncle Basket…Hahaha
@NAIJACONTROL: Lol, Great story, So how did sawlead come about And what's d full name?
Onome OJOBOH?: Uhmm I met mr omeiza 1st when I was in primary school through a mutual friend,... But back then we weren't really close
@NAIJACONTROL: Ok,
Onome OJOBOH?: We lost contact for a couple of years And re-established contact when I was about 15
@NAIJACONTROL: U were still in ph den?
Onome OJOBOH?: And he was making beats on his lil laptop
@NAIJACONTROL: Ok
Onome OJOBOH?: And I was making beats too on mine..Yh in PH…We were actually neighbours sort of And then he would play these beats for me,.. And I'd be like yh that sounds good And I'd show him some of my work,.. And he'd love it Then we both moved to the uk around 2009/2010 And then I'd send him my work, He'd send me his Until one day he came up with the idea of a production team Made up of both of us,,And the idea sounded good And that was it
@NAIJACONTROL: so d full name is...?
Onome OJOBOH?: The full name is SawLead Entertainment @ least for now
@NAIJACONTROL: so hw many people have u worked with in total?
Onome OJOBOH?: Uhmm,.. I can't actually counnt
@NAIJACONTROL: Can u name some?
Onome OJOBOH?: Bt I cn name a few like CJ of PCE, Ricoslim, Ajebutter22, Midnite, and so on
@NAIJACONTROL: Ok, Work in progress I must say
Onome OJOBOH?: Yh, Yes Boss, Enormous things start small
@NAIJACONTROL: So, are u signed 2 any record label?
Onome OJOBOH?: Right now Sawlead Ent is growing into a record label
@NAIJACONTROL: Rily? Great stuff
Onome OJOBOH?: So if I should say I'm signed it'd be to Sawlead
@NAIJACONTROL: Ok, So who are ur mentors in d music industry?
Onome OJOBOH?: Yeah mami..Uhmm,.. I pretty much listening to anything that sounded good to me
Onome OJOBOH?: From the old school "felix liberty" to the present J. Cole, Bt if I must pick a few I'd say J. Cole, Mavado, Miguel
Onome OJOBOH?: Don Jazzy, Cohbamms Asuquo, Common, Timbaland
@NAIJACONTROL: Wow! I c u picked all d great people
Onome OJOBOH?: And a lot of other people, Hahhaa And ryan leslie of course
@NAIJACONTROL: And are u currently workin on any project?
Onome OJOBOH?: Yeah We(sawlead) recently released an EP off a soon to be released mixtape So we are still working on the mixtape, As well as different songs for homegrown(local) and international artistes, So yh,.. That's wasup @ this end
Onome OJOBOH?: Uhmm,.. The EP is currently available for downloads on hulkshare.com, H1entertainment, Iwantairplay, tayoTV and a number of other sites Nt trynna be cocky but uhhm,.. Google me ;)
@NAIJACONTROL: Lol, So who do u intend working wif?
Onome OJOBOH?: Yeah mami Wow,... A lot of people
Bt there's this young lady right now in the UK that I'm definitely gonna work with
@NAIJACONTROL: What's her name?
Onome OJOBOH?: Her name is Becky,... And her voice gives chillz the chillz
@NAIJACONTROL: Lol, Ok
Onome OJOBOH?: Follow her on twitter @ms_rubecky Trust me she is the definition of raw talent
@NAIJACONTROL: Wow! So are u in a relationship?
Onome OJOBOH?: Uhmm,... Not @ the moment,.. No please do not put me in trouble o Lol
@NAIJACONTROL: So hw do u balance music and school?
Onome OJOBOH?: Yeah mami
@NAIJACONTROL: How do u balance music and school?
Onome OJOBOH?:Uhmm, It is very very hard I must say
Onome OJOBOH?: I have to do the right thing @ the right time Its all about discipline and hard work Bt I do 99% of music work on the weekends
@NAIJACONTROL: So, farida is a wonderful song! Should we expect a video?
Onome OJOBOH?: Uhmm,.. I am actually having that discussion with the rest of the Sawlead Ent/C4 Music team And as soon as I know, I'd let the world know on twitter:)
@NAIJACONTROL: And b sure I wuld be dere 2 spread it :)
Onome OJOBOH?: Yeah mami :)
@NAIJACONTROL: So am sure d ladies come around, wats it lyk 4 u?
Onome OJOBOH?: Loool, Again I say we thank God
@NAIJACONTROL: Lol! Rily Chillz?
Onome OJOBOH?: Actually there's one girl,...
@NAIJACONTROL: Wow!
Onome OJOBOH?: Her name is ifeoma
@NAIJACONTROL: So where do u see urself nxt year?
Onome OJOBOH?: I see myself in very high places
@NAIJACONTROL: Amen!
Onome OJOBOH?: Amen
@NAIJACONTROL: So what's your advice 2 upcoming rappers? The sky is big enough 4 an infinite number of stars,... Beef and hate spoil the art
@NAIJACONTROL: tru dat bro!
Onome OJOBOH?: Yes Boss
@NAIJACONTROL: What do u fink of naija control?
Onome OJOBOH?: I think its innovative as well as a positive movement
@NAIJACONTROL: Fanks a lot!
Onome OJOBOH?: u r welcome
@NAIJACONTROL: Ok! Fanks 4 having us mr Onome
@NAIJACONTROL: Have a nice day
Onome OJOBOH?: My pleasure, Thank you very much.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...