Monday 20 February 2012

NAIJA CONTROL MEETS: KARATKID




 
 get to know the upclose and personal of the brain behind *ko ko below* naijacontrol took out time to get an exclusive interview with the rising star KARATKID it was a fun moment as we got to know more than just the singer we see on stage, we got to know the person behind the artist.....


@karat_kid: HEY
@NAIJACONTROL: So when did you start singing?
@karat_kid: I started music ever since high school, I used to sing and dance….but I started music officially last year..
@NAIJACONTROL: Ohh
@NAIJACONTROL: So whats ur real name? am guessing you werent born karatkid
@karat_kid: My real name…idris oshingbade, karat actually means measurement of gold while kid means a young boy…karatkid means a young boy worth more in life
@NAIJACONTROL: Ok, that’s deep.
So growing up, did you get support from ur parents concerning your music?
@karat_kid: Yup I didn’t grow up with my dad… dey got divourced when I was little…so I grew up with my mum and she supports me 100 percent *dancing ko ko below*
@NAIJACONTROL: Lolz, that’s really good
So what record label are you currently signed into?
@karat_kid: Am nt signed yet buh am under OJB jazreel’s management/care
@NAIJACONTROL: Okay
So whuz ur mentor in the industry?
@karat_kid: I learn from dbanj, 2face, psquare, wande coal etc..
@NAIJACONTROL: Ok, so who av you worked with?
And who do you intend to work with?
@karat_kid: Av worked with ice prince, wizkid, waje, sir shina peters, ugly, Pamela,eva,chidinma…..etc
 
@NAIJACONTROL: Wow! Dats a long list
So who do who do you intend to work with, since uve worked with almost everyone?
@karat_kid: Yup I was on the ovation red carol the song foe 2011 and they were on it.
@karat_kid: I would love to work with dbanj, wande coal, femi kuti…and many more talented artist
@NAIJACONTROL: Okay.. so whats your best song so far?
@karat_kid: Ovation theme song 2011
@NAIJACONTROL: Really? Why?
@karat_kid: I enjoyed it coz I was the youngest and I had a chance to work with pple that av been in the game before me it was exciting.
@NAIJACONTROL: Ok. How old are you then?
@karat_kid: Am 17 still 17 will be 18 by the end of this year November 21
@NAIJACONTROL: Okay.
Are you In a relationship?
@karat_kid: Kai im too young for that question my mummy wil beat me…..
@NAIJACONTROL: Lol, srz….there must be that special preson….rit?
@karat_kid:  Lmao! My mummy
@NAIJACONTROL: Yay! That’s sweet
@NAIJACONTROL: So does your mum let you club?
@karat_kid: Yeah J
@NAIJACONTROL: Lol….so whats ur social life like?
@karat_kid: Hmmm am a very funny type. I like chatting with people, I like keeping up with trends, I jst love being happy.
@NAIJACONTROL: Ok that’s good, being happy keeps you young ..
@karat_kid: Hehehheheh ye I know ryt.

@NAIJACONTROL: So what is it like being a young celebrity?
@karat_kid: I stay humble always. And I live, laugh and av fun….i see everyone as myself and I care about a fellow brother the way I care about myself.
@NAIJACONTROL: Real great stuff//
So are you working on anything presently?
@karat_kid: Yeah just people that are featuring me.
@NAIJACONTROL: Ok, so what school are you in?
@karat_kid: am not in any school
@NAIJACONTROL: Okay, where do u see urself by this time next year?
@karat_kid: Hmmn. The biggest artist in Africa in jesus name *ni oruko jessuuu*
@NAIJACONTROL: Ami!! Lol, whats your advice to upcoming artiste?
@karat_kid: To all musicians, rappers keep doing what you u do, God is with us no matter what
@NAIJACONTROL: All ryt, what do you think of naija control interviewing upcoming acts?
@karat_kid: Naija control site soon to take over
@NAIJACONTROL: Amen
Tanx a bunch for your time…..
@karat_kid: Allryt, aiit………………………………….


download control it

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...