Wednesday 4 September 2013

Saka Hits Studio With Don Jazzy: whats he up 2?

Popular comic actor, Afiz Oyetoro, aka Saka, was spotted in the studio this week working on a commercial for MTN's soon to be released fresh campaigns with producer, Don Jazzy.
Saka recently celebrated his 50th birthday and it is like a dream to him, considering how far he has come in the industry, and how he eventually hit real fame and fortune. Below is what he said:

How do you feel being celebrated at 50?
I feel so cool. I feel grateful to Almighty God for giving me the grace to reach 50. I know that many people have gone even without reaching the age of 20. 50 years marks a new beginning and I thank God that today I can be alive to see 50.

How did acting begin for you?
As an aspiring actor, when I finished secondary school, I started with a local theatre group in my town, Iseyin. From there, I went to University of Ife, now Obafemi Awolowo University to study Dramatic Artsfor my first degree. I later went to University of Ibadan for my Masters degree in African Studies. I am presently pursuing a PHD programme in Performance Studies at the University of Ibadan. I’m sure you already know that I also lecture in the Theatre Arts Department of the Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education. During all that process, I got myself involved in different productions on TV, film and radio. It’s been very interesting so far and I thank God for giving me the grace to increase in my chosen field.

How has the journey been so far?
I must say it’s been quite a ride with so many years of sacrifices. I thank God that he has given me the grace to go through all of the challenges and to achieve the little that I have through these years. I know there is still a lot to achieve but it’s been great journey so far.

How was growing up for you?
I come from a very humble background. I grew up in a village in Iseyin, that’s Oyo State. My parents were farmers. They taught me to be contented with what I have. I am who I am because of the values that they have impacted in me. I just thank God that I’m a different story today.
You might also like:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...