Tuesday 5 June 2012

NAIJA CONTROL MEETS - SHAYNE







Introduce yourself? What's your real name?
Hello!I'm THE BLING Boy "Shayne."My name's AbdulWahabAyoola. Shayne is an English name.

How long have you been doing music?
Hmnn, I've been creating music for about 5years now.

What kind of music do u do?
At this early stage of my career, I try my hands on any kind of music. As a very good artiste, I believe in versatility. Notwithstanding, I’m working seriously on developing my own unique brand of music, which will be unveiled very soon.

How did u develop the interest to make music a career?
I've always loved music since I was young; I started off singing, then moved on to rapping and started laying my hands on some little production work.
 

Do u have support from your parents?
Yes, I have strong support from both parents and my sister.

Who are your mentors in the industry?
Hmmn, let me just say I admire a lot of people in the industry, it's really hard to pick.

Who have you worked with so far?
So far, I've worked with Lindsey of Loopey Records, Chocolate City's - Brymo, Jon Ogah–first winner of Naija Sings & Big Brother Africa's - Vina. I have also featured on the Ovation Red Carol 2011 theme song produced by OJB. The song parades artistes like Waje, Ice Prince, Wizkid, SirShina Peters among others.

Who do you intend on working with soon?
I intend on working with a lot of artistes. I can't really disclose any at the moment. Just expect more great stuff.

Do u still refer to yourself as an upcoming?
I won't refer to myself as upcoming. I've achieved a lot so far, thanks to God. I'll just say I'm "outcoming".

What label are you signed under?
I'm signed under BLING Artistry.

What is your best work so far?
*laughs* I love every song I've done so far. The best is yet to come.

When was your best stage performance?
My best stage performance was at the last Ovation Red Carol in December 2011 with Brymoand Vinawhen I performed my single "I Will Rise".

How old are you?
I will turn 17 this October 2012.

What uniqueness do you have over other young artists in the industry?

The fact that I rap, sing, write my lyrics and produce. That's kinda unique and it differentiates me.

How do you cope with them ladies?
Hmnn, the ladies are good where they are. They're my fans and I love them all.

Is there any special one ATM?
Not any one specific at the moment.

Where do u see yourself by the end of the year?
By God's grace, at the end of the year I hope to have achieved a lot.

What's your advice to all upcoming artistes?
To all upcoming artistes, just keep doing your thing, don't ever leave your hustle and always believe! If you believe you can achieve. Every great movement begins with a minority of one.
And what would love to tell your fans viewing this?
To all my fans, I love you all and I promise to give you more good music. #TeamShayne!

What do youthink of this NAIJA CONTROL interview?
As for NAIJA CONTROL, this was a very beautiful interview. Nice having you out here.

thank you very much for ut time!!

 


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...